December 28, 2011

Breastfeeding using a baby sling: quiet and comfortable!



Breastfeeding is one of the most natural, beneficial and loving acts a mother can do for her child. Remarkable health benefits have been proven to pass from mother to child through breast milk: from antibodies, which protect an infant at birth, to the exclusive nutrients in mother's milk, which have been shown to prevent a number of childhood diseases (link) There is no other single action by which a mother can so impact the present and future health of her baby.

Just as importantly, breastfeeding promotes a very special bond between mother and child that only a mother can provide (link)
Breastfeeding is also good for mommy as it helps to reduce the risks of breast cancer and postnatal depression too (link)
Personally, breastfeeding has been a fantastic experience.
Unfortunately I found out about breastfeeding using a baby sling when Elena, my daughter, was already six months, to heavy for my stretch sling. The ring sling thou has been great: I was finally able to do my things without sitting down breastfeeding for up to two hours. Going out wearing her was easy and comfortable: shopping at the supermarket, taking public transport, out at the shopping centre and Elena was there with me, with her source of milk anytime anywhere. And nobody has never realised anything: this is how quite, easy and private breastfeeding with a baby sling can be.
This video is very simple and we are very happy with the result. I really hope you will enjoy it.
Enjoy you breastfeeding everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Alessandra and I usually follow you on your Italian blog. I have been living in Glasgow for few years now and I will reccomand you website to my Scottish friends. I think you guys are doing a great job and your videos are very helpfull! I have a question for you: I have got a mei tai, is it possible to brestfeed with it? and how? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alessandra, I' m very happy you are enjoying our website and our videos. And thanks for the fantastic feedback.
    Annamaria from Bottega Bubamara and I are always very happy to help and answer your questions.
    Yes, u can use a mei tai to btreastfeed! (as well as a stretch sling, if you' d like). The best position would be either the "belly to belly" or the "cot" one, which is my favourtite. I think it dipends on you and your baby, find out what is the most comfortable position for you and what your child prefers. We will soon post a tutorial video about breastfeeding with a mai tai.
    Keep following us and let us know how it goes with you new mei tai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very cool! But how can I breastfeed my daughter on the way in the cold weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, well the cold weather doesn't actually help! I would advice you to either wear a warm jacket for you baby and then put her into the baby sling or - and this is what I personally do - don't wear a jacket for her, put her into the baby sling and wrap her nice and warm with your own jacket. If you think your jacket wouldn't be enough, you could use a blanket. The warmth of you body will keep her nice and warm and you can breastfeed without being seen. Let us know how it goes ;-)

    ReplyDelete